Have you ever considered volunteering on one of NANB’s Committees? Now is your chance!
- Networking opportunities with peers;
- Protect self-regulation of nurses in the interest of the public;
- Advocate for the nursing profession;
- Develop leadership skills.
NANB is currently looking to fill several vacancies on the following committees:
- Complaints Committee;
- Discipline and Review Committee;
- Nursing Education Advisory Committee;
- CNPS Assistance Review Committee (National Committee).
- Registered nurse or nurse practitioner in good standing;
- Knowledge of scope of practice of nursing, practice standards, and entry-level competencies;
- Must have at least 5 years of nursing experience;
- Ability to participate in meetings in Fredericton and/or by teleconference.
Role of Public Members:
As a regulatory body mandated to protect the public, NANB also needs public members to sit on all of our standing committees to ensure that the public is fairly represented.
Public members are individuals who are not now and have never been registered nurses. Public members should have an interest in the New Brunswick healthcare system, previous committee or board experience, time to devote to the role and knowledge of the nursing profession.
If you know of any members of the public who may be interested to join one of our committees, please advise them to get in touch with us!
Applications in response to this call for committee members are reviewed by NANB staff who then make recommendations to the Board for appointments using the following criteria:
- Geographic area;
- Years of nursing experience;
- Area of nursing practice;
- Overall composition of each committee.
If you are interested in making a difference in the nursing profession, please contact Sophie Noël for more information. Only members selected for appointment will be contacted. New committee members will begin serving their first 2-year term on September 1, 2018 and may be up for re-appointment for a second term.
For more information, contact Sophie Noël.