NB New Graduates
In order to become registered to practise as a registered nurse in New Brunswick for the first time, graduates of NB nursing education programs must meet the initial registration requirements which include writing and passing the National Council Licensing Examination (NCLEX). The NCLEX is administered by Pearson VUE, an international testing company.
Graduates from other provinces, please contact Registration Services.
Application for Registration with NANB
NCLEX results will be e-mailed to all candidates, effective March 27, 2017. Please ensure that NANB has a valid e-mail address.
- Complete the NANB online Application for Registration form.
PLEASE NOTE: The online application for registration is now closed, please contact NANB for further information.
- Pay the NANB processing fee byVisa, MasterCard, or Debit online.
- Submit proof of legal name: birth certificate and marriage certificate (if applicable). Only original documents or copies certified by a Notary Public (lawyer) will be accepted. Originals will be returned by mail.
- Submit a current criminal record check through CSI Screening. Log on to www.csiscreening.com, complete the Canadian Criminal Record Check and indicate “NANB” as the company. Criminal record checks are valid for 6 months from the date of issue.
- Upon successful completion of nursing program, request an official final school transcript be sent to NANB. NCLEX results will not be released without receipt of this transcript.
Please note: A graduate who does not intend to work as a graduate nurse or registered nurse in NB, may choose to take a non-practising membership for initial registration with NANB.
Once a graduate has been issued a Temporary Registration, she must become registered by paying the registration fee upon passing the NCLEX.
Apply to Pearson VUE to take NCLEX
- NANB advises Pearson VUE of a graduate’s eligibility to take the NCLEX upon confirmation of program completion from the Dean/Director of the school of nursing.
- Register and create a web account with PearsonVUE at www.pearsonvue.com and pay the exam fee.
- Schedule an appointment with Pearson VUE to take the exam after receipt of the authorization to test (ATT) from Pearson VUE .
The NCLEX will be offered in Fredericton:
- June 9 - July 7, 2017
- October 12 - 19, 2017
The NCLEX is available at other writing centers outside of the province on an ongoing basis.
In order to receive instructions on how to proceed with a request for testing accommodation, NANB must be contacted at least four months prior to writing the NCLEX.
NANB will issue a temporary registration upon confirmation of program completion and notification that the NCLEX is scheduled. A temporary registration is required in order to begin orientation and work as a graduate nurse.If a temporary registration is issued, registration must be obtained by paying the registration fee upon passing the NCLEX.
If the initial registration with NANB is a non-practising membership, no temporary registration will be issued. It is illegal to practise nursing without a valid registration in New Brunswick.
|NANB processing fee||$57.50|
|NCLEX exam fee||$360.00 (paid to Pearson VUE)|
|NANB registration fee||Fee Schedule|