Reinstatement of Registration
In order to practise as a registered nurse (RN) in New Brunswick, you must be registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick (NANB). It is illegal to practise as a registered nurse without a valid NANB registration. To qualify for registration, you must meet one of the following requirements within the last five years:
- Practised at least 1125 hours as an RN in an approved nursing practice;
- Graduated from a basic nursing education program;
- Completed a post-RN degree in nursing; or
- Completed an approved nurse refresher program.
Please note: if your name has changed since you were last registered in New Brunswick a copy of your marriage certificate is required
Returning to work within New Brunswick after a leave of absence
NANB requires the following:
Returning to work in New Brunswick from outside of the province
If you were previously registered in New Brunswick and would like to reinstate your registration, the NANB requires the following:
- Application for Reinstatement of Registration
- Verification of Current Registration
- Confirmation of hours
- Payment of all applicable fees.
The Reinstatement of Registration package includes the required forms listed above. Please download and complete as instructed.
For further information please contact Registration Services.